A while back I realized that for as long as Maddi has been doing ballet (6+ years), I have never taken her to a professional production. Her own studio, Studio West puts on the most beautiful productions multiple times a year, that we've become accustomed to going to those. This year, as she was getting ready to be in her second Nutcracker performance, I thought it would be great to take her to see Pacific Northwest Ballet's production of the Nutcracker. I also realized that my mom and I had never been either, so it was a first experience for all three of us.
It was most definitely a beautiful production with the live orchestra and the Maurice Sendak created set, but it also made me realize even more what a great job Studio West does with theirs, considering their show is made up primarily of younger student dancers and that this was only the studio's 5th or 6th year. Maddi thoroughly enjoyed watching it now that she is quite familiar with the storyline and music. I know how much she gets out of being a part of her own production, but loved watching how in awe she was with this one and trying to make connections between the two.
As nice of a girl's day it was with show and dinner, we don't think we'll make it an annual tradition, as this is a really busy time of year for us, especially with Maddi in the Nutcracker herself. We will probably go again when the baby is old enough to sit through it with us and be able to enjoy it.





1 comment:
Where is Maddi's dress from? So beautiful. The next time you go see the PNB Nutcracker (in 5-6 years? haha), we will join you!
Post a Comment