On the morning of her actual birthday, Maddi opened the front door to see Doodle had returned with a number 8 sparkler for her.
 |
| Happy Birthday to our amazing, talented, smart, funny, loving, caring Madeline Ann. |
 |
| wearing the hat the Kipfers got for her |
We did what Maddi wanted to do that day…went to the Painted Plate for some painting fun, which both kids LOVE.
 |
| Brody painted a little vase, which he said was going to be for flowers to put in his new kitchen from Santa. |
 |
| Maddi decided to paint a mug she could drink hot cocoa out of. |
 |
| Brody finished WAY before Maddi, so he went ahead for an ice cream treat while he patiently waited. |
 |
of course I have a picture of Brody's and not Maddi's… Her mug turned out adorable though. |
 |
What did she want for dinner? Red Robin. The four of us went out for a yummy dinner and she got sung to and ate a delicious looking sundae. Guess who was passed out the ENTIRE time…never woke up once.
|
What can we say about this girl that everyone doesn't already know? While her and I have our moments, I couldn't have asked for anything better in the child who made me a Mommy. Being the first child of the family…she is mature, independent, self-motivated, caring, loving, hilarious, witty, smart, loyal, and the list goes on and on. Lucky for us, she has that personality and drive to want to be the best at whatever she does, whether it be in school, sports, dance, or just life in general. Brock and I have so many different personality traits, so it's amazing to see so much of both in her. I am thankful that while I'm the type to sit back and watch and be content with what I have, she has taken on Brock's need to want better and want more and to go after it. Her birthday present from us this year was violin lessons and rentals for as long as she chooses. She's been on us for a couple years about it, but it just hasn't fit into our schedule. As busy as she is with school, homework, reading, soccer, ballet, performances, etc, she was adamant about taking on this extra responsibility. We have made it clear that while she may think it'll be all fun and games, there is a huge commitment to weekly lessons and daily practicing. We figured she was persistent enough about it that we're giving it a go. That's our Maddi…always wanting to take on more. From here, it'll be our job to make sure it's all not too much for her and that she can handle it. So far, she's proven to us that this is what she needs…to keep busy and stimulated (and to keep Mom running like a chicken with her head cut off). As Brock always says, I'm a "glutten for punishment". Oh well, I've come to terms with the fact that this is my life…my schedule revolves around my kids. It's what I've chosen and the life we've chosen for our kids…to offer them all of the opportunities they want and that we can provide for them to help them be well-rounded and balanced. So far, Maddi is doing a great job at taking advantage of this :)
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear her play some time!
Post a Comment