Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday, Maeve!

On January 14th, Maeve turned 3 and had a fun birthday party at the Imagine Children's Museum in Everett.  Maureen and Vitaliy are so smart and just decided to hold her party on her actual birthday, even though it fell on a Tuesday.  It was perfect for us since I don't work, so Brody and I made the trip up and had a great time playing, visiting, and enjoying Maeve's birthday festivities with her.  Maddi would have loved to see Maeve, but considering this was really a toddler birthday party, I didn't let her miss school, because other than not seeing the Nikonovs this time around, there wasn't much for an 8 year old to miss.

Surprisingly, Brody and Maeve have learned to like each other enough to play well together.  Brody does not play well with most kids…I've come to learn and acknowledge this.  However, Maeve holds some special magic over Brody…he really loves to play with her.  I really am still so shocked by this.  He talks about her all the time…randomly mentions her when we're riding in the car, makes sure I know that she needs to be invited to his birthday party (no matter how far away it is still), tells me all the time that she's his girlfriend.  Just makes me wish even more that we lived closer together!






1 comment:

Maureen said...

Thank you guys again for coming all the way up for this! Maeve still talks about going to the museum with Brody and we can't wait to see you this weekend!