Monday, July 2, 2012

Visit to Spokane

Back in April, Maureen had a work trip planned in Spokane and she had asked weeks beforehand if I would by chance want to make the trek out with her, knowing that a visit to Jenni and Spokane was long overdue.  Of course I wanted to go, but it would mean I would have to miss two days of work and Brock would have to deal with call + kids, which would be difficult.  He was the one though who told me this would be a great opportunity to get some quality time with two great friends who I don't see nearly enough.  So that was that...I was really looking forward to my very mini vacation.

I met up with Maureen at her friend Jecca's house in Issaquah and we headed East on I-90 from there.  The drive can be very long, especially when doing it alone, but it with the two of us talking up a storm the entire way, it was not bad at all. 

We stayed at The Davenport Tower in downtown Spokane (courtesy of Maureen's job) and it was very, very nice.  In the 4.5 years I lived in Spokane, I never had the opportunity to stay at The Davenport, so this was a real treat.

We met up with Jenni that first night and had some drinks and appetizers at O'Dougherty's, where Jenni worked for quite a while back in our younger days.  While Maureen and I ordered alcoholic beverages, Jenni did not, as she shared the wonderful news with us...She and Mark are expecting their first child!!  We were both just thrilled to hear this news and although we thought we were going to have lots of yummy drinks and have a great time doing so with Jenni, we were really over the moon that she couldn't!

Maureen and I parted ways with Jenni after a while and decided we were hungry for a late dinner, so we both had a burger and fries (and another drink) at the hotel bar before heading back up to the room for some zzzz's. 


The next morning, Maureen had to actually go work, so Jenni picked me up and we headed out to buy plants to plant at the gym.  Jenni opened up her gym, Farmgirl Fit (http://www.farmgirlfit.com/) last fall and it has just taken off and has been such a success in Spokane. I so wish I lived close enough to be a part of such an inspiring group of women.  

Well, after checking out the amazing gym, we planted some plants in her box right in front of the gym/desk when you walk in and then Jenni kicked my tush! I am absolutely out of shape and knew when I visited Jenni, I needed to try out what it is she does every day with the members of her gym.  So, I did the Daily Grind for that day and I thought for sure I wouldn't make it through it, but I did...slowly, but I did.  It was definitely a great feeling when I was done to know that someone was there to push me to my limits.

cute little childcare aree
we did this...what a cute idea, huh?
main area of the gym

After all of that, I felt I needed to treat myself, so we went downtown to River Park Square for some shopping and then went to a cute little cafe called Madeleine's for lunch and coffee.

We were pretty tired at this point, so Jenni dropped me off at the hotel so I could shower/rest for a bit and when Maureen got done with work, we met back up with Jenni for some more drinks and food.  Jenni took us to a Tequila bar called El Que for some interesting, but tasty beverages.  We then went back into downtown for dinner at Moxie for some delicious, Euro-Asian inspired fare.




Jenni had this yummy ginger soda





The next day, we were set to leave when Maureen was done, which was early afternoon.  Jenni picked me up first thing for some coffee and a small breakfast.  We went to her house so I could meet her Bulldog, Stockton and drove around the Gonzaga campus and of course went to the bookstore to load up on Gonzaga gear and then met back up with Maureen when she was done for a little lunch before we headed back onto I-90 for the trek home.




I bought Maddi a Gonzaga chocolate bar (among many other things) and (haha) Brody got to it before she did and this is what was left.  Maddi was SOOOOO mad, but Brock and I thought it was absolutely hilarious...




No comments: