This was Mommy & Maddi on the last day of school year 2011-2012.
Mommy finished her 6th year of teaching...
Maddi finished kindergarten.
The last day of school for Mommy (as a 6th grade teacher) is always very busy, but fun because of the 6th grade moving up ceremony. It's so fun to see all the kids dressed so nicely and to feel so proud of themselves for such a huge accomplishment (finishing elementary school!) It's also nice to see all of the families and get to say goodbye. It can definitely be emotional too, especially with such a great class like I've had the last couple of years.
The last day of school was extremely emotional for sweet Maddi. She had to say goodbye to all of her Mt. View friends and teachers because she knew she would not be seeing them again in the fall, as she will be attending Pioneer Elementary in Olympia School District instead. I reassured her that although she won't see them everyday, I will still be at Mt. View to keep some of those connections she made and because Mommy works there, I'm sure she will see them again. It took a lot of work, but eventually the tears and heaving came to an end.
On to enjoying summer vacation!!

No comments:
Post a Comment