Monday, July 23, 2012

Maddi's "Graduation"

In lieu of a kindergarten graduation or moving up ceremony, Maddi's teacher, Mr. Nye opted for showing a slideshow.  At first, I was definitely bummed that he wasn't actually having a "graduation" with caps and all that jazz.  However, it was still a really nice evening with lots of kinders and a lot of family members.  You could definitely tell all the hard work and thought that was put into the evening, but especially in the slideshow itself.  I was genuinely impressed with the quality and it of course put me in tears.

Our present to Mr. Nye...idea courtesy of Etsy  & Pinterest
He said it was the best present he's received as a teacher...
I KNOW! I want to make one for myself!


pretty girl on her way to the slideshow
Maddi with her self-portrait made in art class.
It was amazing to see all of the kindergartners'  self-portraits.  Their art teacher, Mrs. Chong did an amazing job on this project!

Maddi & her classmate, Olivia

Maddi with Big Halmoni & Halmoni

Maddi with Grandma & Grandpa
(So nice that they are here now to come to these things!)

Maddi & her classmate Hunter

Maddi and her classmate Jerry

Maddi & her classmate Noah

Maddi & Mr. Nye

Maddi & Isie (the sign language interpreter assigned to her classroom, who also happens to be our back lake neighbor...small world!)

Maddi & her classmate Brian
Maddi with her extremely proud parents





No comments: