Maddi is in Mr. Nye's full day kindergarten class at Mommy's school, Mt. View Elementary. We are both loving having each other at school and being able to see each other in passing throughout the day. I am very happy to know that Maddi is well taken care of, as everyone knows her and looks out for her. Maddi loves having specialist classes, music, art, and P.E. and having library checkout. She also of course loves recess! We're a little worried about the big, scary "B" word that we've heard a couple of times when we ask how school was..."boring". Mommy and Daddy will just have to work extra hard to enrich her learning beyond the classroom. We went to her kindergarten curriculum night and all the standards she's supposed to meet by the end of kindergarten, well, she's already there for the most part...
This is my 6th year teaching at Mt. View (well, 6th year teaching period). This is now my 3rd year in 6th grade and I am loving it! We only had three 6th grade classes when school started, but that didn't last long with 33/34 students per class. After the first week and a half, we added a fourth 6th grade teacher, so our numbers are much lower (my magic number right now is 26). With the lower numbers and a group of FABULOUS kiddos, the year is really starting off to be great! They are sweet, caring, and they actually LISTEN to me when I teach/talk. Needless to say, I am excited to watch these kiddos grow and get ready for middle school!
How time flies...I have no idea how this sweet baby girl has become such a sweet, spunky, and smart BIG girl so fast. For all the mommas out there with itty bitty ones, enjoy every sweet second you have with your baby...before you know it, you'll be taking pictures of their first day of kindergarten...

No comments:
Post a Comment