WOW, Maisie is already 3 months old...I'm pretty sure I write the same thing every time I blog about her, BUT YES, she is growing WAY TOO FAST! She is becoming an easier, happier, and predictable baby as each day passes and we are loving watching her develop and become her own little person. It's just as fun watching Maddi & Brody interact with her and get excited about all of her new "tricks" and developmental milestones.
Maddi is the perfect little on-hand (when we're present) "babysitter"...when I need a hand for just a few minutes at a time, she's perfect! She will change wet diapers (I actually prefer her NOT do it, but she WANTS to) and sometimes carry her in the Bjorn if we're really desperate! We try to keep in mind that Maisie is not Maddi's responsibility, so we try not to ask too much of her, but the great thing is Maddi wants to help and be with Maisie, so it is perfect for now.
Then there is Brody who absolutely adores his baby sister and really can't get enough of her. He would love to hold her and change her diaper if we'd let him, but I just can't get myself to the point where I'm letting him help with diapers yet (sounds like more work than it's worth). He is perfect for talking to her, singing to her, and playing with her and definitely for giving LOTS of love. I thank the heavens everyday for these three and the fact that they have each other to walk through this life with.
How she is SLEEPING & How she is EATING...
No change on either front...she is sleeping just as well as always and is eating the same :)
What else about little Maisie?
...she has rolled over twice, but has not become a regular occurrence.
...grabbing at toys and things.
...sitting fully upright in her little bumbo chair (slightly wobbly).
...sitting in high chair babbling and playing with toys while Mommy cooks & cleans in the kitchen.
...BEST time of the day is still first thing in the morning. We get lots of smiles, babbles, and giggles.
...bedtime is consistently around 9 p.m. until 7 a.m.
...refuses bottles (with formula or breastmilk) unless WARM.
...starting to pay attention to the TV.
...STILL HATES car rides and screams bloody murder (which gives Mommy anxiety and makes her sweat!)
...made friends with her hands (stares and chews nonstop).
...DROOLS like a crazy person. We have started to run through bibs like nobody's business...let the teething games begin.
...trying to lift her head when laying on her back.
...loves laying and playing on her activity mat and will stay there for up to 45 minutes completely content.
...makes a funny fist and stares at it (looks like the sign for bathroom)
...STILL has the blue/grey eyes.
...dimples are very noticeable now that she is smiling so much :)
...LOVES to be sung to.
...wearing size 2 diapers & 3-6 month clothing.
...GIGGLING!! (best sound, hands down, in the whole universe!)
...recognizes familiar faces for sure and most definitely knows Mommy's face and smell (milk, perhaps?)



No comments:
Post a Comment