Months and months before Halloween, Maddi discovered She-Ra on Netflix and LOVED it. I thought this was so cool, as she was my absolute favorite at age 4/5. At that time, she decided she had to be She-Ra for Halloween. I was hoping as time went on that she would change her mind, because I knew how hard it would be to find a costume her size. Well, no chance in that happening. When that girl gets her mind set on something it has to happen. So, as Halloween was drawing near, I started searching for She-Ra costumes for little girls and there was NONE to be found. I started to freak out and scramble to put one together. I was quite impressed with how it all turned out, considering costume making is not my forte.
As for Brody, we tried to keep his costume as simple as possible. We decided on Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba. Why you might ask? Well, probably a month or two before Halloween, we were already set on Brody being a monster of some sort because well, he is our little monster. Then, we watched an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba (which we've never watched a lot of in our home) and noticed there was a cute green monster, named "Brody". I thought, "how cool is that?!" So, I started googling "Brody green monster Yo Gabba Gabba" and all that would come up was Brobee. So, turns out it wasn't the coincidence I was hoping for, but we thought it was close enough and stuck with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment