Maisie just turned two months old and it has been amazing to watch how she changes every day. We had a rough go with her for a couple of weeks, but she has really mellowed out and we seem to have her figured out pretty well now. It seems to be that if she is fed, changed, and rested, she will lay and "play" for quite a while. If she starts to fuss then she's telling us to feed her, change her or put her to sleep. I almost feel like I get less done now that she has mellowed because when she is awake, alert, and happy, I want to talk to her, sing to her, and stare at her. I feel guilty leaving her alone to "play" when she's in such a great mood. It's a catch 22 though, because clearly if she's so content that also gives me time to do what I need to do. So, there's a new challenge...
STATS from her 2 month check-up...
12 lbs, 6 oz (95th %ile)
24.25 in (98th %ile)
40.25 in head circumference (95th %ile)
Dr. Huang is so surprised at what a big baby she is. To be honest, so are we. The other two have always been on the smaller side/average sized babies and kids, so we're so confused how and why Maisie is so BIG! The length is really what gets me, because our babies have never had a problem being on the chubby side, but they've never been long/tall. Because Maisie is so long, she doesn't even look THAT chubby (except for her chubby little face and double chin :) She doesn't have the same little chubby hands and feet like the other two, but I'm sure that's coming.
She had to get 3 vaccines that day and it just broke my heart. She was doing so well for the whole appointment and then BAM, the poor thing gets poked and what Mommy doesn't cringe (or cry) when they hear that helpless wail?! Thankfully that didn't last long...I fed her before we left the office and she was done crying after that and we didn't even need to give her Tylenol.
How she is SLEEPING...
How we got so lucky to have her STILL sleeping through the night? Okay, well it helps that we cheat. She still sleeps with us, but really, she sleeps so well next to me, that it's hard to change the pattern. I know if we laid her in her crib at night that she wouldn't sleep as long. Well, I say I "know", but I should try it out to test the theory. I just feel so used to having her so close to me at night, that really I just don't want to change our situation :) Her pediatrician gives me a little grief for not putting her in her crib, so it makes me think twice about our sleeping situation, but I still haven't made any attempt to make a change. NAPS...she is SO much easier to get to sleep when she is tired. We rarely have to use the Bjorn or white noise anymore. Sometimes if she's a little extra fussy, we use the white noise to help get her to sleep quicker, but for the most part, if she is tired enough, we can lay her down with her binky, cover her up and she will just fall asleep. SO, so, nice.
How she is EATING...
Clearly, she is HEALTHY and gets enough to eat. I still feed on demand. Once, maybe twice overnight I hear her make noises, so I feed her and she goes back to sleep. I've been very careful with my diet, so she seems so much less gassy and fussy that feeding time and afterwards is so much more pleasant. She will NOT take a bottle/formula for me, which makes it tough if we're out and about for a good length of time. Clearly, she's smart enough to know that I've got the good stuff and prefers that and fights for that. It makes me worry when I leave her with my mom for a few hours, but she says that she WILL take a bottle/formula for her. While for the convenience, I wish she would take a bottle for me, I am thankful that she will eat when I'm not around.
What else about little Maisie?
...she most definitely has started to recognize voices and faces and I'm starting to get nervous leaving the room because I can just feel her eyes following me.
...smiles a lot!
...moves a lot! lots of punches and kicks
...drools and eats her hands (teething already or just discovering her hands??)
...still spits up but not quite as much as before. The drool is starting to be worse than the spit up.
...loves and makes great eye contact
...laughs and babbles at us when we're talking or singing to her, especially when we sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider"
...STILL has BLUE/grey eyes
...hates tummy time for more than a few minutes, but neck is getting much stronger
...legs are also starting to get strong enough to put a little weight on them




1 comment:
Purple is such a good color on her. I have to say, I miss having a tiny baby sleep right next to me. :*( It's not the same getting kicked in the face by a 3 year old, haha
Post a Comment