Monday, April 14, 2014

Maisie is ONE month old!

How has one month already come and gone?! While I'm really trying to enjoy these moments with our tiny one, it is quite the balancing act now that she is the third child. Between toting Maddi and Brody around, keeping up with laundry, cooking and attempting to clean, and trying to balance it all without becoming that crazy mom, it can be quite the juggle. I try to make sure to remind myself that if it's something that can wait, then let it. The time I get to spend with Maisie NOW I will never get back....she will never be this small again. 

How she is SLEEPING...

She sleeps all night (with us, in our bed) with the exception of a quick feeding or two.  Bedtime for her can be anywhere from 7-9 pm and she wakes up around 7 am. During the day, her naps are sporadic and never as long as they should be.   She takes naps either with me carrying her in the Bjorn, in her vibrating chair, on the bed or mostly in the car seat since we are out and about so often.  So far, she hasn't taken a liking to the swing like the other two did. 

When she's fussy but tired and we're having a hard time getting her to sleep then we call in the white noise crew...kitchen vent, vacuum, blowdryer, fireplace fan, or Pandora. 

How she is EATING...

She loves to nurse. She has and will take a bottle with breastmilk and even formula, but she much prefers Mommy's milk from the source directly. She eats enough that now I am not needing to pump, but still try to to continue freezing/storing. I've never been good about being on any kind of feeding schedule. I nurse when she tells me she's hungry. 

What else about little miss Maisie?

...has started to take a pacifier more regularly

...smiles at us. We swear it's not just gas!

...hates tummy time

...is very alert

...has blue/grey eyes (crossing my fingers it stays this way!)

...has pretty much grown out of newborn clothes and has moved onto 3 month clothing without too much room to grow

...has a love/hate relationship with car rides

...loves the Baby Bjorn  


3 Week Pictures








ONE month





















No comments: