Thursday, April 12, 2012

Snow Days!

BOY...I knew I was really behind on blogging, but writing this post REALLY helps me realize how behind I am.

Well, that week we got back from Maeve's birthday party, we got hit really bad with a snow storm where we didn't have school for an entire week and of course lost power for the majority of it too. Luckily, we had our generator (which was just wired into the house in the fall), so my parents (who lost power too) were able to come shack up with us. The generator ran non-stop for about 4 days and was able to keep us warm, let us cook and clean, watch DVDs, shower, and even do laundry. We were actually pretty spoiled and should not have complained much at all.

The first day of the snow storm was fun because we still had power and it was still safe to play outside in the snow! Brock was able to come home early and play/go sledding with the kiddos.


it snowed!

frosty lake


no school!






sledding down Wildwood Lane


the aftermath on the lake

the aftermath at the Kipfers'



No comments: