Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Last day of school






















Last Day of School


Maddi was so excited for her last day of school.  I remember her bawling her eyes out on her last day at Mt. View because she knew she wouldn't be coming back.  This year, she was happy as a clam to be done with school, knowing she would stay in touch with the fabulous friends she's made and that she will be back in the fall.

This was also Mom's last day of school, but not just for the school year...indefinitely!  My students had already been helping me pack up, so I was for the most part done when school got out.  We of course had our 6th grade graduation, which was great.  People kept asking me how I feel (sad, excited, nervous, anxious, etc.).  As the end of any school year, I think teachers are almost more ready than the kids are to be done...I was no exception.  I didn't feel too sad, but these feelings may surface in September when everyone else is getting ready to go back to school and I'm not.  Then again, I may not feel sad at all...




First Day of School


























No comments: