Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ocean Shores

Brock had the EMS (Emergency Medical Services) Conference to work at in Ocean Shores last weekend, so he decided we should all just go for the day/night. He went last year, but Maddi and I stayed home and he commuted to and from Friday night and again on Saturday. Going for one trip, even with two kiddos was much easier than all of that extra driving.

Capital Medical Center had a booth that Brock was working at with some other employees of the hospital. This conference is mainly for EMT's to attend, but then hospitals and other organizations have booths for the EMT's to check out in between their workshops.

I know how dedicated Brock is to his job (trust me...as much time as he spends there, there is no other way to put it!). I know that he is well-respected, works his tail off, and has a lot of responsibility in his role. Mainly I know this, because I know how much time he spends at the hospital and by things he tells me. But on Saturday, I was able to hear all of this from a director in the hospital. She went on and on about not only what a great asset he is to the hospital, but also what a caring and kind person he is. Although I knew everything she told me to be the truth, it was just nice to hear it and it gave me another reason to be the proud wife. =)

While Brock was busy manning his booth Friday night, I took the kids down to swim in the hotel pool. They both had a blast. Brody is just a natural little fish. I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to summer time...he won't want to be anywhere else but the lake. I'm sure of it! When Brock got done that night, we hit up the bowling alley for a little greasy food and bowling of course. It was actually the first time we had ever taken Maddi bowling.



The next morning, I took the kids back down to the pool for some more swimming fun. Then we went back up to clean up and pack up and wait for Brock to come check us out. We went to a really good Mexican restaurant for lunch and then took Brock back to the convention center. He decided he wanted to hang on to Brody in the backpack so that Maddi and I could go hang out. It was an awfully sweet thought, but sorry to say that this time of year there is not a whole lot of fun to be had in Ocean Shores. It was also right after the snow, and was FREEZING cold! I took her to the beach for literally like 5 minutes, then we went to a scrapbooking store, the candy store, and really that was about all there was to do.

We picked Brock and Brody up and then were on our way back home. It was a quick trip, but nice to go somewhere else, even if it was just for the night.

After that trip though, we realized why we usually choose to take the extra time to go down to the Oregon Coast instead. For one, we don't have to drive through Aberdeen & Hoquiam...




















No comments: