I realize that I haven't been the best with posting pictures of Brody on Facebook or on here, so I've got some catching up to do. So sorry...especially to my dad who hasn't even had a chance to see his first grandson yet and still won't until the end of this month!
As for an update on him...he is 6 weeks old this Wednesday. I cannot believe how fast this last month and a half has gone! He is growing like a weed...seriously. I call him my little milk monster because he eats constantly and is just huge! He's growing long and out! Maddi was always in the high percentiles for weight and height, but this kid's going to be off the charts. He has at this point grown out of his newborn, 0-3 month and is currently on his way out of 3 month clothes.
On another note, he is the sweetest little boy and recognizes us and smiles and laughs. It melts my heart when he does because it's such a new thing and he just looks so content and happy. Brock was able to stay home for the first 5 months (well as much as he could...lucky for him, he's kinda needed at the hospital and agreed to go in a couple of times a week...plus he took call, which meant his pager went off quite a few times during those weeks). ANYWAY, it was nice to have him home for what time we got him because I think he was able to bond in ways with Brody that he wasn't able to with Maddi in the beginning.
Other than just a few rough nights, Brody is a champion sleeper. I think it helps that he eats so well and keeps his belly full because he sleeps through most of the night. On average, he may wake up for only a couple of feedings, but goes back to sleep. During the day is a different story, he takes midget naps, which makes it hard for Mommy to get lots done, but I'll take the sleep during the night over getting chores done ANY day!
We've realized that he needs white noise like his big sissy, Maddi. SO, we do have to resort to "The Happiest Baby on the Block" soothing noises CD mainly for naps during the day, but sometimes at night too. It makes us all fall asleep. Yes, I said us all, since we fell into the co-sleeping pattern again! Again, OH WELL is what I've come to say. We're all getting sleep, and at this point I figure that's all that matters!
No comments:
Post a Comment