I've read so much of what everyone else is so thankful for this year; now it's my turn. Even though Thanksgiving has passed and the Christmas decorations are up, I still want to reflect on all that I am so thankful for.
I think every day about all that makes my life whole, especially the people who make it so, but I know I don't express it near enough.
1. I am so thankful for my most wonderful parents. Not only are they and have they always been the most supportive and loving set of parents a girl could ask for, but they are also the most supportive and loving set of grandparents a baby boy and little girl could ask for. People tell me all the time how lucky Brock and I are to have the support we do in my parents (this should tell you Mom and Dad how often I talk about all you do for us). They spoil the **** out of our kids...take Maddi to the movies, play games with her, buy her and Brody pretty much anything a kid could want, and most importantly love them wholeheartedly. They feed us just to make our days a little easier, take care of our kids whenever we need a break from them, pick Maddi up from school or take her if something comes up...you name it, if we need it they provide it.
2. I am so thankful for my/our friends. We have friends who are near and far, but there's never any doubt in our minds who our true friends are.
3. I am so thankful for my class this year. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my group of 6th graders this year and I am very thankful that their parents have entrusted me with them this year. I could not have asked for a sweeter, caring group of kiddos.
4. I am so thankful for my husband, Brock. He works so unbelievably hard for our family. As many hours and as much care as he puts toward his day job, he still comes home to pitch in with dinner, picks up groceries, plays with the kids, takes care of whatever needs to be at taken care of at the house. I know I may gripe here and there (hello! I am female and I am a wife...that's our job, right?) but I really am a lucky gal.
5. I am so thankful for our smart, beautiful, healthy, sweet children, Madeline and Brody. They are no doubt what makes us both so thankful each and every day. They are the reason we work so hard for everything we have. I look at them every day and marvel that they are OURS. Not one, but two of these perfect little creatures :)
6. Lastly, I am just thankful for the life that I am so lucky to live. I have the most wonderful family, a beautiful home, safe cars to drive, a job that I choose to go to every day. What more is there?
No comments:
Post a Comment