Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to the matron of our family...

Last Sunday, we celebrated my Halmoni's birthday. I think she turned 81, but I'm not really sure. I get really confused with how Koreans use dates and determine ages. I do know she is at least 80 and doing FABULOUS for her age. She is such an amazing woman and I am so proud to call her mine. She is the mother to 5 children, grandmother to 11, and great-grandmother to 4. If you know her at all, you just can't help but respect her and love her. Happy Birthday, Halmoni and hoping for many, many more happy and healthy years!

What made this extra special was seeing J.C., Izeyah again after 5 years, and meeting Ayva for the first time.


Oldest uncle & his family. Jin-uk, their son left for deployment this week and will be in Texas for a few months of training, and then to Kuwait for a year.

Halmoni (Big Halmoni) with most of her grandchildren/great-grandchildren (minus me, Julie, Diana, and William).

No comments: