Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to the world, Baby Maeve!

The world became a sweeter place with the arrival of sweet baby Maeve Catherine Nikonov on Friday, 1.14.11. We are so unbelievably happy for Maureen & Vitaliy. Welcome to the wonderful (tiresome) world of parenting...you are already both such amazing parents and Maeve is one lucky little girl.


We were lucky enough to visit the happy family on the day she was born. Brock and I both took half days to go up and meet Maeve. We just couldn't wait!

We were even more lucky when Brock and Vitaliy decided to plan a fishing day this last Friday, because then the whole family came for a sleepover and to hang. The kids and I got to hang out with Maureen & Maeve Thursday night while the boys played poker next door and then we got to hang out the next day while the boys fished (with no luck)...lounging at home while mommies drank coffee and then out for lunch @ Red Robin and a little browsing @ Marshall's.

I so wished we lived closer. It's never enough when we actually do get to see each other, but maybe now that we both have kids, we will get together more and do "kid" things =)

he might not look interested now, but just wait...
actually, he was VERY interested...all he wanted to do was grab her and bite her

as much as Maddi does NOT want another baby in OUR family (she loves her brother very much and doesn't feel the need to add more to love...) she really loved Maeve...

Brody trying to pass out in Momo's arms...

look at the beauty with her eyes open!

first date...to Red Robin =)
same car seat, but funny how different they fill them out!

my camera took this photo WAY too bright, as you can tell, but I had to post...look at those HUGE, beautiful eyes!

and of course, Mommy & Maeve...
all Maureen could say all weekend was "look at our children...", "I can't believe I'm a mom..."...it is amazing to have known each other for so long and stayed so close after high school, through college, weddings, marriages, living so far apart through all of it and now we BOTH have children of our own. it's going to be a blast being mommies together and watching our kiddos play and grow together over the years.

Congratulations Nikonovs!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Aww, we had a great time! It's true, it was the most surreal feeling hanging out with each other surrounded by our kids. It really makes me see how far we've come and how much we've grown as women and friends, I love it! xoxoxo